2019 Fieldtrip Information
Cobb’s Adventure Park is an ideal venue for a full day of activity to keep your students moving and learning!
- Standard Fieldtrips (select dates and activities only)
- Custom Fieldtrips (more date and activity options available)
- Bring-It-To-You Fieldtrips (In school, year-round).
Onsite Fieldtrips are available in:
- May & June (no sunflower maze but most other activities)
- September & October (sunflower maze AND other activities)
Fieldtrips are available for all grade levels - from preschool to highschool - and cover Alberta curriculum for a variety of subjects.
Fieldtrips can be customized for teambuilding, leadership development, and special needs.
We have a CBE Master Agreement in place.
Prices start at $9.50 per student + GST. We also have fundraising options available that could make your field trip FREE!
Our Standard Fieldtrips are available on select dates and include 3 Educational Components. You may choose any 3 of the following:
- Gemstone Mining: Students will learn about 3 different rock categories and how to identify rocks from each one, as well as some differences between rocks and minerals before sluicing out their own treasures to take home!
- Plant Life Cycle: Ever wonder about the challenges of growing sunflowers in Calgary’s ever changing climate? Learn how our diverse weather affects how our plants grow and see the different stages of growth in a bean plant* or pumpkin*.
- Each Student will take home a bean plant to care for and help grow (May & June), or a mini pumpkin (September & October)
- Animal Care with the 3 Little Pigs: Meet Wilbur, Babe, and Mr. Kevin Bacon our resident 3 “little” pigs! Learn some fun facts about Pot Bellied pigs and what they need for proper care to stay happy and healthy.
- **Add on Kangaroo Petting Zoo (for additional $3.00+GST/student)
Meet our Red Kangaroos and Bennet Wallabies! Learn some interesting facts about these adorable Macropods and what they need for food, shelter, and year round care as well as allowing your students the opportunity to pet and feed our fuzzy little friends!
- Creepy Crawlies Talk: Learn about all the creepy crawly critters living on and around our farm! Discover the amazing world of insects, arachnids, gastropods, and annelids (oh my!).
- Creepy Crawlies Scavenger Hunt: Get your students actively discovering the creepy crawly world with a scavenger hunt! An opportunity for students to learn first hand about the habitat, food chain and lifecycle of insects, arachnids, gastropods and annelids!
- Weather Trivia Scavenger Hunt: Weather is never boring here in Calgary! Allow your students to burn off some energy exploring the park to find answers to a variety of Weather Trivia questions after a guided talk about how the weather affects us as individuals and on a wider scale (how does the changing weather affect local farmers?) and how to best prepare for the ever changing elements! We will also discuss some interesting tools used for predicting and measuring the weather and seasonal trends.
Standard Fieldtrips also include access to:
Pedal Karts, Bouncy World, GaGa Ball Pit, Funzone Activities, Hill Slides, Play Structures, Giant Puzzles,
Giant Boardgames, Rope Maze, Tractor Ride (Fall only), Sunflower Maze (Fall Only)
2019 Standard Fieldtrip Dates:
| Tuesday June 4, 2019 **SOLD OUT**
|| Thursday June 6, 2019
| Tuesday June 11, 2019
|| Thursday June 13, 2019
| Tuesday June 18, 2019
|| Thursday June 20, 2019
| Tuesday June 25, 2019
|| Thursday June 27, 2019
| Tuesday September 10, 2019
|| Thursday September 12, 2019
| Tuesday September 17, 2019
|| Thursday September 19, 2019
| Tuesday September 24, 2019
|| Thursday September 26, 2019
| Tuesday October 1, 2019
|| Thursday October 3, 2019
| Tuesday October 8, 2019
|| Thursday October 10, 2019
|Tuesday October 15, 2019
|| Thursday October 17, 2019
|Tuesday October 22, 2019
|| Thursday October 24, 2019
Standard Fieldtrip Pricing:
$9.50/Student + GST. Please note: This pricing is only available on Standard Fieldtrip days. Teachers, Chaperones, and Bus Drivers are free of charge. We have no ratios, so please feel free to allow parents to come experience the day with their children!
A 25% Deposit is required to book and remaining balance is due 3 business days before Field Trip date.
**Please be advised that if deposit is not paid (booking confirmed) at least 2 weeks in advance some activities cannot be guaranteed.**
Looking to book on a non-Standard day? Are you interested in booking some premium activities (eg. Archery Tag, Zorbz, Blaster Balls, Eurobungy)? Perhaps you’re looking for a Sports Day or End of Year Party (no educational components necessary)? Would you like to add food options to your fieldtrip? Then a Custom Fieldtrip may be the way to go! A custom day allows you the freedom to book specific activities for your class and a timetable customized just for you.We are also happy to collaborate with you and offer specialized games, team building, and leadership activities.
Custom Fieldtrip Pricing:
$12.00/student + GST (Minimum of 22 students) to open park for day (4.5hrs). Premium Activities (Archery Tag, Zorbz, Eurobungy, etc.) are an additional $3/student/activity. Adults, Chaperones, and bus drivers are free and there are no ratios for Custom Fieldtrip days either!
A 25% Deposit is required to book and remaining balance is due 3 business days before Fieldtrip date.
Cobb’s Adventure Park is a fully outdoor facility; because all of our activities are outdoors they are best experienced in good weather. Please watch the weather forecast for the week approaching your field trip date. If the forecast calls for poor weather, and you choose to cancel, we require at least 24 hours notice. If weather is poor on your booked date, we would be happy to rebook you for another date that works better! In the event of rain, snow, or hail when we are unable to operate and you are unable to rebook you will receive a full refund. If you need to cancel for any reason other than weather, we require 2 weeks notice to refund your deposit.